Safety comes first.
With all this smartphones, tablets and android phones, I am sure that many of you are trying their best to protect their private contact numbers, data, photos, videos, or email and much more, that is way many of us choose to install a antivirus in order to protect our devices from spyware, Trojans or any other of unfriendly programs that are ment to spy or to destroy our gadgets, programs which we call viruses.
So first of all, is even possible for our smart phones or tablets to get infected with a virus? What do you have to do when your phone is infected with a virus?
It is clear that all the devices that plugs in and out from a computer, a laptop, or any device that has a memory card or an other data storage container it can get infected with a virus, even more if it’s connected to the Internet. What can you do to protect you device from getting infected?
Well there are plenty of solutions, and the main rule is to be a little more careful with your data, with yourself, just like with a computer, you don’t download anything from a website that isn’t trust-able, you don’t just click on any spam mail, or even a mail from your friend which is only a link, or any other link that is questionable. If you know that your computer or the school computer has viruses, try not to connect to any of them. However it’s possible to get a virus by mistake, maybe you downloaded app, a game, or just got on a website and accidentally download something that had messed your device, also when you connect the phone to the computer the PC’s antivirus tells you that you have a virus. What I recommend you do if you are in one of this situations is:
- if your antivirus gives you the option to scan your phone for viruses, let it do that, also the same thing if you have a micro SD, or any other type of SD card, let your computer antivurs scan it for viruses, and clean it. If you get into the same error, you might want to save the important files, documents into your computer or a other storage device, and format your SD card.
- if you have installed a android antivirus app on your device, give it the task to scan your phone or tablet and clean it, delete the viruses, and hope for the best.
Now I am not paranoid, and I have quite of experience with viruses, websites, programs and applications, so I don’t really use a antivirus, but if you want to be safety I will list you here the Top Android Antivirus apps of 2012 which I had read about, watch the reviews and ratings of the other users who had tested them on different types of mobile phones.
Here is the list, any of the following android antivirus apps has a free version, which you can try, and can expect for them to do their work, however I strongly recommend you read the comments, and study each one very carefully so you won’t have any surprises.
- AVG Mobilation - from AVG antivirus
- Norton Antivirus & Security – from NortonMobile
- Lookout Security & Antivirus – from Lookout Mobile Security
- avast! mobile security – from Avast software
- Antivirus free – from Creative Apps
Finally these are my TOP 5 antivirus apps, that I recommend, if you know a better way to get rid of the viruses, fell free to leave here a comment.
What antivirus app do you use on your android device? And which one do you use to protect your PC or MAC?